What Personal and non-Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you ask for a free health insurance quote, you provide personal information to receive a personal quote. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and providing you with the most affordable insurance quotes back to you based on your specific information.
- Cookies. Like all modern websites, we use “cookies”. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer that help us know where you are as you browse our site. For example, if you start a quote, and are on step two, we will need a cookie to remember what you filled in on step one. They do not store or transmit any personal identifiable information. It allows us to provide you with a customized website visit experience. You may choose to delete cookies according to your browser’s manual, but we feel that is overkill, as all cookies from good sites (like Google, Yahoo, eBay, etc…) are good for your user experience on the actual site.
- If you take advantage of our insurance-quoting services, we may also use web beacons, which allow our partners to place a cookie on an end user’s computer when they visit one of our partner sites so that when the end user visits our sites, that cookie data is tracked by our partner and our partner can identify that the end user achieved a certain milestone (a commonly used concept also referred to as “pixel tracking”).
- Other Information: We use Internet tracking technologies such as Google Analytics which tracks the browser you are using, your Internet domain, the operating system on your computer, your IP address and the URL you saw just before coming to ReallyCheapHealthInsurance.com, the pages of the site you visited and the URL of the page you visited upon leaving our site.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- Non-personally identifiable information is used for marketing and sales efforts to better target advertisements and other content in an effort to create a more personally relevant experience. If you take advantage of our insurance-quoting services, we may also provide non-personally identifiable information about your use of our websites to quoting aggregators, participating insurance carriers and our business partners.
- If you provide your personal information to us to receive an insurance quote, we may provide this information to quoting aggregators, participating insurance carriers and our business partners to be able to find the best quotes for you.
- We do not disclose information about you to third parties whose only use of the information is to market a product or service. However, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described below: i) To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction. ii) To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you. iii) To the California Department of Insurance or other insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities. iv) To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
- Special Offers. We may send you special offers from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving such offers. In addition, we may also send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt-out”. If we send you offers from other businesses, we do not share your personal information with them. The offers come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.